View Single Post
Meyou 03:43 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow. I am glad to read this. I am a mother to a 4 month old whose daycare provider says she wants to be held all of the time. I don't hold her all day at home. Now that I know someof you are suggesting that a child be left to cry in another room I may think twice about daycare. I understand there are other children but I won't be happy if my child is screaming in the other room. If you don't want to nurture a baby's needs which include being held then don't accept infants. Oh I guess that would affect your annual salary since we do pay more for you to hold them all day.
Could you hold your 4 month old ALL DAY LONG and look after 4 or 5 other children? Could you change diapers, make snacks and meals, help with toileting, get kids dressed and undressed and generally go about your day as normal ALL while NEVER putting your 4 month old down?? If you can....then PLEASE give some tips so providers in general can learn how to manage little ones that need to be carried all the time.

If you can't do that all day every day WITH a smile on your face and in your heart then please take a step back and realize that sometimes we need to put a fed, dry, not tired baby down in a safe space sometimes to tend to the other children.