View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:29 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I have tried 2 yr. olds doing things, but they are not interested, eat the colors, color on the table, try putting craft things in their mouths, etc. etc... Now I start everything at around the age of 3. At the age of 3 they are interested in the craft, coloring, etc. it does work out alot better for everyone !!!!
I agree. When they are this young letting them have lots of free time for exploration works best. Kids younger than age 3 have a hard time keeping their attention focused and are still working on their motor skills so lots of jungle gym play and such is good for them. Maybe playing a simple game with them that involves moving and jumping and such would work for them and then if you want to try crafts and more complicated activities with older kids you could have the under-3-year-olds have free play or free color or whatever simple activity related to what you are doing with the other kids. When I have older kids here I let the babies play on the carpet with the infant toys and put on a baby einstein video or something while I do activites at the dining table (not more than 6 or 7 feet away from them). This helps out a lot.