View Single Post
E Daycare 06:10 AM 09-19-2012
I recently went to a mon, wed and fri schedule so I could do more things with my own ds who just turned 3. The past two years all my kids were mon, wed, fri to begin with so I figured there wouldn't be an issue.

OF COURSE THERE ALWAYS IS

One dck now needs full time mon-fri for the foreseeable future. I agreed because its a few months and the full time money is nice (as the other kids are part time). I'm having some issues now though.

Tues and thurs are days I have signed my son up to do extracurricular activities as late as possible and the parent has known that's why I chose to go part time and knows we do things. So instead of picking up said child when they get out of school (dcp is a teacher), dcp goes home, waits for eldest to come off bus an hour later and then comes to get the kid at 5:15. I'm open till then so it's not an issue really but it is. My sons activities are around 4 on one day and 4:30 the other. Instead of coming to pick up the child right away dcp is ok with me taking their child (3yrs) with me to activities and then will come pick them up when I get back at 5:30. Dcp even mentioned I could sign up their son too so I could have a "break" too.

The thing is, there is no "break". A parent still has to be around to make sure if a kid gets hurt they are there. Plus they have waivers to sign. I'm not wanting to be liable for that. So the dck has to sit out with me and watch as my kid goes out to participate.

Does anyone else take their dck to things their kids are involved in? If so i have some questions:

Do parents ask to have their kid participate too and do you say "ok"?

Do you have a parent meet you to pick up the kid if it goes past your hours?

If not, do you charge for going past your hours even though it's your activity?

Do you say "no you need to be here by_______" and if they don't arrive by then take the kid with you or risk being late for an activity by waiting for dcp?

This kid is with me 53+ per week. He's ready to go after nap and yet I have to drag him with me and I feel so bad. I've recently postponed the early evening activity till spring and signed my son up for a later evening class because doing this 3x a week is a lot on me (and not fair I think to the dck who can't participate).