View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 09:41 AM 11-08-2012
I never buy canned fruits/veggies - the quality is often poor. I only buy fresh, and frozen.

I do not serve prepacked/pre-made (at factory) meals.

All our lucnhes are Sunday dinner style.

I don't make noodles from scratch, but I only use whole wheat. I make all of my sauces (tomato, meat, alfredo, from scratch with fresh ingredients (no canned, jarred stuff).

I don't serve alot of store-bought bread... I make biscuits, scones, bannock, etc almost every day (very simple, takes very little time and is extremely inexpensive).

When we have fries/sweet potato fries/hashbrowns, they are hand-cut and baked by me from an actual potato or sweet potato.

I make any applesauce that is served. All pizzas are home-made (I make the dough, cut all the toppings), chicken "nuggets" are really cut up chicken breasts that I've breaded myself, all soups are made from scratch (no canned crap), no fishy crackers, chesse sticks, overly-processed junk food.

Some examples of typical lunches at my house:

- Stew (beef and veggie) seved with cheddar biscuit and apple slices
- Chili (beef, bean and veggie) served with whole wheat tortilla chips (cut and baked by me) and mango
- Stir-fried veggies with tofu (or chicken) and wild rice
- Spinach and Feta pitas with home-made hummus and pineapple
- Bacon tomato sammies with home-made mayo and banana
- Home-made lasagna served with garlic bisuits and pears
- Baked fish with mashed pototos and peas
- Home-made chicken/beef pot pies
- Fully loaded home-made hamburgers with hand-cut baked french fries
- Vanilla, banana and flax pancakes with home-made berry "syrup" and cottage cheese w/ fruit salad

And so on.