View Single Post
preschoolteacher 11:56 AM 08-15-2013
I would not be able to accommodate that. Quite frankly, a 4 month old seems much too young to be propped up in a Bumbo or Exersaucer for long periods of time. It's an unnatural position for a child that young to be in for long stretches.

I'd give the baby the recommended amount of tummy time (supervised) each day, but I would not be okay putting him in something meant for an older child or having to hold him all day long. I would have to imagine you're not getting paid extra to do that?? It's hard enough to take care of 1 infant like that, let along the other kids you are responsible for. They might want to think about a nanny if that is what they require for this little guy.

If he's on his back, you can rotate him so that his head is not always turned the same way when he watches the other kids.

You could get a full-length mirror and lay it the long way so that when he's on his tummy, he can see himself in the mirror! That might make him like tummy time more, but he really is too young to be in tummy time for very long.

What about sitting/propping him in a Boppy pillow? To me, it is not so upright as the Bumbo/Exersaucer but still would avoid putting pressure on his head.