View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:39 PM 08-17-2010
I got a call yesterday from a young mom with 1 yo that needs daycare in September. She sounded great on the phone so we set up an appointment for today in the morning and she was here 15 minutes early! Wow, first time that's happened EVER! They're usually late or right on time. Her son is sweet if a little shy but he got along with the other 1yo dcb I have so that was a good sign.

Everything went well and I liked her and it seemed that she liked me so I gave her a copy of my handbook to read and look over. I didn't want to rush anything and I always want my parents to understand EVERYTHING before they sign up and I let her know that until she signs a contract that the spot for an infant is open (the only spot I have available for an infant since my baby is due in November). She called a few minutes ago and said she'd be by in the morning to sign a contract and leave her deposit and the $100 holding fee since she won't be starting for almost a month. Initially I was worried because she had mentioned that she had applied for subsidy and we all know how that is when they havn't already been approved but she said she'd pay everything out of her own pocket until she finds out whether or not she qualified and if she didn't qualify then she'd just keep paying everything herself. I was impressed. She was young (19) and seemed to make sure her son was behaving and asked a lot of questions about our routine and activities. It was a relief to see such a young mom really have it together.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that she'll come by to sign the contract and bring all of the money. Experience has taught me to be cynical lol.