View Single Post
missy 07:53 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:
Congratulations! How long did it take to get to this point? I'm just starting out on the initial planning stages now.
Thanks! Finding a place that was the right size/layout/price was the biggest chore, it took a few months. All daycares in this particular municipality are considered an "exception" to the normal zoning ordinances so I had to pay $400 to apply for the exception and go before the council members to get approved. That took awhile since they only have meetings once a month. The frustrating part was that I couldn't initiate the majority of the paperwork stuff until I actually signed the lease--the LLC and fictitious name, liab.insurance, EIN #, business acct., logo design, website, etc. etc. But having the time to prepare and research really paid off, I am very efficient now since I knew what I had to do. I have got a lot of good info. from these forums too, such as websites and computer programs, etc. etc. My goal is to open as soon as possible because it sucks to pay rent without even being open for business yet. The state (PA) licensing application is a chore then the inspection, so it will all take time. I hope to open my doors by 5/1/14.

What state are you in? Feel free to PM me:-)