View Single Post
Country Kids 02:40 PM 06-24-2014
Took a class on this and it was definetly an eye opener!

I can't believe the things parents have sued over or providers have been responsible for.

I also learned: Do not let staff or your own children babysit for clients. If anything happens to the child the parents can come back on your business because staff/own child should have been taught about the childcare business. It can come back on you that they weren't.

Have children within the hours you are open. If a parent comes before openening or comes after closing and something happens to child, your insurance may not cover it as child was not there during "business" hours.

Parents legally have a right to pick up if they are under the influense. You can cover yourself by documenting, calling police or when they sign up having a form for parents to sign stating exactly what will happen if they pick up under the influence.
This is a tricky situation as more people have the medical marijuana cards and I guess this has created issues for parents picking up children from child cares if they smell like they have been smoking or appear to have been.

These are just a few of the things I did learn and heard so many stories that made your mouth just drop open.