View Single Post
QualiTcare 12:10 PM 12-07-2010
what other things are there to do,.. Im asking serious questions here, not trying to be a smart butt, but what do I neglect by playing with the children 70% of the time they are here?

i don't see how anyone can spend that much time playing with the kids (70%) even if they didn't have paperwork to prepare, food to order, etc. just doing every day tasks of preparing meals and snacks, cleaning up, going to the potty, changing diapers, nap time, going outside, etc.....i think all of that takes well over 1/2 the time...and normally there would be some time (IMO) spent preparing activities. of course you can do these things and facilitate play - but sitting with the kids playing with them for 1/2 or 3/4 of the day doesn't seem possible. i'm assuming there's no assistant who's doing everything while the provider is playing also.

you mentioned several things before that i don't consider "active play" though. swimming, singing, hiking (or walking), looking at the clouds, etc - i don't consider that active play.