View Single Post
cheerfuldom 09:34 PM 10-09-2011
do you think that it is okay to interview and fill a spot (or spots) knowing that you would most likely let them go, say a year later. Like what if you were pregnant and would have to let a DC kid go in order to make room for your own child. I am not pregnant, thats just one scenario. It sounds like most of us strive to find long term families. If you know that you cannot keep a family past a certain point for whatever reason, would you even fill the spot? would you tell the family that this spot could be temporary? or just fill and deal with stuff as it comes along, hoping everything works out?

I know some people that are super super upfront with every possibilities with prospective DC parents and others that do not say anything unless they are 100% sure of the scenario. which are you?

like with the pregnancy, you can't know for sure that there will not be another opening pop up where someone else leave and you still be within your ratio even with the "temp" kid you took and your new baby.

other scenarios would be if you are pretty sure you are moving but not 100% sure.....maybe you think that a current DCP will be enrolling another child but they haven't decided yet.... maybe you know that your own schedule will change say next summer and you are going to downsize, would you interview and fill a spot knowing that someone is going to have to go several months down the road? you see what i am saying. just wondering what your general principles are for stuff like this.