View Single Post
Lil_Diddle 05:13 PM 07-29-2018
I’ve been moving towards having all teachers children the last few years, it’s absolutely great. School starts in a few weeks and I have a final spot I need to fill in order to maintain the budget I need. Anyways. I just got a message from a teacher that is looking for back up care. Her current daycare provider is taking off the first week of school, including numerous dates during the school year. I did respond that unfortunately I do not do back up care. The last few times I did it was chaos and messed up our routine and was not worth the extra money.

I really want to message her again and let her know that I do have a full time opening and would be a great fit. The daycare is fully functional in my walkout basement and I have an assistant as well as an alternative sub, it is a very rare occasion that I close during the school year. The kicker is I do know the other daycare provider. We are not friends, but we are friendly. We actually worked in daycare together almost 18 years ago. I would hate to go behind her back and even try to steal her student. However I also know she takes lots of time off. I really don’t know how she has so many kids because they do require lots of back up care. (I’ve actually done it for 2 if her daycare families in the past)

So on the fence, if I should even reply back to this DCM and let her know what a better fit I would be. I should mention that the DCM in question is someone I know as well. She was actually a school age child at the daycare where the other provider and myself worked. Small town living at its best