View Single Post
clep 12:02 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
Have you referred to the Alberta daycare licensing requirements for your health policy creation? I am unlicensed but I use the Ontario one for mine.

There is a big difference between upchucking a maldigested meal and vomiting up a lung with a virus. I always call the parents the first time a child vomits and tell them to be on alert because if they throw up again I will expect them picked up. They also don't bring the child in until there has been no diarrhea or vomiting for 48 hours. I don't have an issue with my parents abusing my policies because it is the same standard they'd have in any centre. I don't refuse a snotty nose but I do refuse highly contagious and difficult to control the spread of viruses.

If it is as you suspect a parenting issue then you are probably better off ending the relationship sooner, rather than later because it will probably fester and reappear constantly.
I am confident it is a parenting issue. I sent the child home last week as he had a fever over 100 at lunch, did not eat, was lethargic, sweating and had an extremely runny nose and a cough. The mother took him home and brought him back the next day telling me he was fine to come back to care. I let her know he was not and she had to take him home. She tried to debate that he was fine and I stood my ground. This was after he was questionable for a couple of weeks!!! I ended up with bronchitis and was closed for a day. This SAHM was upset I was closed and was very clear about that.

I agree about ending the relationship. I will just stand my ground and she will end it I am confident. She is trying to manipulate the situation so she can have a leg to stand on so she can term without notice and expect her 30 day notice prepayment back. Not happening.