Thread: Pacifier Issues
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Well daddy just brought dcb and guess what? He had the pacifier in his mouth. I said, ahhh what is that in his mouth? Dad said that they had him at the dr yesterday for checkup and he had a complete meltdown because he didn't have a pacifier, so they made an emergency run to Target and bought him 2 more. Can you hear me slapping my head? I told him that he wasn't going to get them here anymore that I was just comfortable with that choking hazard. He said that they had a "talk" with him and that they told him that if he bites them, he will have to throw them away. Oh yea, I'm sure that almost 2 year old totally understood that. Idiots!
I get where you are coming from but in all honesty, there is no way that I (as the provider) would try to wean a child from his paci or with hold it from him if the parents are just going to relent and give him one (or two).

That means YOU are the only one dealing with this and the only one trying to figure out a solution.

I would give the issue right back to the parent and tell them if they are simply going to re-stock his paci every time he throws a tantrum then you are going to call them for IMMEDIATE pick up each and every time he tries to bite or does bite the end off his paci.

That IS dangerous but it isn't YOUR problem to fix.

I guess if you don't mind, that is one thing but from an outsiders' perspective, the daycare boy AND the parents are simply letting you do all the worrying and work to address the issue.