View Single Post
mrsnj 03:42 AM 04-18-2013
Ok I have one spot I def want to fill. I can take up to two if the last one isn't a baby. I have a mom who is interviewing today. I don't know if this one will work. She has asked no questions except how much. AND she was a no show last Thur cause she 'forgot'. This child is a baby (which I really don't want) She is SUPPOSED to interview this afternoon....if she shows. Then I got a call from another daycare provider. She is shutting down. Mom got another job. She wants to interview on Sunday for her two children which are a much better age and what I am looking for. I have spoken to her in the past as she was thinking about shutting down in Jan but tried to stay open by hiring someone. She seems nice and asked many questions. She also is sending the other two children my way that she used to watch. I certainly can't take 5. Basically it is first come first serve in that group. BUT.....

Here is the question (if you haven't figured it out) the interview TODAY I am not sure I want. Lack of questions. No show already. It hasn't sat well with me from the start. The interview on SUNDAY I think is a better fit. And even if she didn't come I have the potential of two others which are perfect ages. Of course we know that interviews are not 100%. Doesn't' mean they will come.

How do I stall todays interview? Should I stall todays interview? (from accepting)
I was thinking about saying I am interviewing other families and can notify you by Sunday night. If the mom has waiting three weeks, I dont think she is desperate to get here. Or would you take whomever hands the check first???