View Single Post
Unregistered 05:39 PM 01-19-2018
Hello! When I picked my children up this week, our provider was absent and her adult son was caring for the children. There was a note on the door saying that she had a doctor's appt and that her son would be there. It was the first time I had seen the note, but I very well may have missed it the day before.

I called the county agency in charge of licensing to check if he is an approved substitute (with a background check and other requirements) and he is not. The county said this is very concerning and is going to investigate it as a complaint.

For a variety of other reasons (our 4 and 2 y.o. children being punched and bitten by other children, learning swear words, etc), we had given our four weeks notice the prior Friday and had planned to pay all four weeks even though we were moving our children to new care after two weeks.

However, after this development, we decided to remove our children immediately. We don't feel that we should have to pay for the remaining 3 weeks if she is violating licensing requirements. Am I correct?

Thanks!