View Single Post
Angelsj 05:07 AM 09-11-2013
Blackcat, I bought the letter of the week download we looked at. $15 and I love it. It gives me stuff to post on my wall, to advertise (more to the parents) what we are emphasizing this week. I have a poster with Ee on it, a green frog, a triangle, and the number two with two kites, a bible verse, and all of those things in Spanish (I had to get those myself, they were not included)
It also has some games, puzzles and stuff to play with in the theme you can pick and choose.

We have a schedule and structure to a degree. Throughout the ENTIRE day, the kids might spend 20-30 mins doing what would be considered something preschool. I provide open ended crafts, puzzles and games.
Yesterday, we played with blue and yellow paint in a plastic baggie to mix. While we were outside, we spent a few minutes looking for triangles, we sang a song about the letter E and its sound. We talked about the weather.
At lunch everyone got two pieces of carrot, and two pieces of cheese stick. We talked about everyone having two shoes.
None of it was "circle time", sit down and color this time, etc. I spend maybe half an hour on Sunday changing my board, and we are done with prep.

I agree with you. My parents typically shrug when I tell them what I do. "They will get it over time," they say. And they appreciate not always having a ton of junk to take home that they then feel they must keep. I just send stuff once in a while.