View Single Post
Angelsj 11:14 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am done with college now but when I was going, I was taking 12-16 credits (4-5 classes) per semester and running my child care full time.

My classes were all on-line so most of my reading and homework was done in the evenings and on the weekends.

My own kids were young adults at the time and didn't require much so that was definitely a help.

It was a busy time but I enjoy school so much that I actually miss it and am thinking about returning in the near future.

I think if you have a good support system, taking more than 1 or 2 classes is doable but it does require a lot of self-motivation and a bit of routine too.
Exactly. I just finished my RN/AS and my Child Development degree this semester @ 12-15 credits per semester. I have full time daycare (6-10 kids from 6:30 am to 7 pm), am homeschooling my youngest two kids, and run an animal rescue out of the lowest floor of my home.
You can do whatever you set your mind to. Time management, routine and a good support system (or a good sub) when you must be in class. Most of my things have been online, but I have had classes I had to attend (a few per semester) and a good sub in essential.
Otherwise, stay on top of what needs done, work ahead whenever you can, and know your limits. If you have too many credits, withdraw early. If you can handle more, take an extra class the next semester.