View Single Post
thrivingchildcarecom 10:52 AM 01-15-2016
Looks like you are getting lots of good advice. One thing that has really worked for me was using the "Deceptively Delicious" approach, where you sneak pureed fruits and veggies into foods. I use a lot of the recipes from that cookbook. Using that mindset, over the years though I have been inspired to sneak pureed veggies into other recipes as well. Of course, it would be optimal for them to eat the raw veggies, but at least I get some into them.

Another thing I have done recently is to get more fruit and veggie pouches. They seem to like the combo pouches because I don't think they taste veggie, if you know what I mean. Also, lately I have been serving Veggie Chips and Veggie Straws. Again, these are not raw, but hey they are something. I also pinned a few recipes just this morning. They both were tater tot veggie recipes. One was with broccoli and the other was made with cauliflower. Search for those kind of recipes.

My philosophy is that if the food smells good, most children will at least try it. Then if it tastes good maybe they will finish it. Its kind of like building trust in the foods you serve being good. Most of the children I have served in the recent past are good eaters on their own, but I have been able to convert a few too. Also, when a poor eater sits down with a robust eater, that can be the best peer pressure there it.

If you are successful with any approach, remember to share it with the parents so hopefully they can follow suit at home.