View Single Post
Michael 11:59 AM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by Shawn:
I used to have my own domain for about 5 years. I had to cut extra expenses so it had to go. I understand the need to own your own domain, but honestly I get more calls now then I did when I owned it.
I currently have one main site I use from free webs. I also have at least 10 more from other free sites. When ever I come across any free website, I jump on it. I also have many free ads any and everywhere I can. I ad as many tags as possible.

So it's not my domain name that does it. Its the fact that my daycare name is all over the wide world web. If anyone is within a 50 miles types in any of the tags or key words (whatever they are called), my daycare comes up several times.

I had had people call me from other states looking for childcare because they are moving to my area soon. I had a little boy for about 6 months whose parents were broke up and dad had just got out of the navy and moved close to me. He called before he actually moved here. When he moved, he setup an appointment and I had the boy until the mom returned to the states after being stationed on a ship.

So my only point is, you really don't need a domain name to generate traffic for your website. At the end of the day it's about getting the calls in and parents signing those contracts.
That's the beauty of a domain names. You can use it as you please. You are using it to market. I use Daycare.com as a business and a place for people to come an contribute to this industry every day. I don't own a a brick and mortar but I make a living with my websites. I could live anywhere in the world because of my domain names and how I use them. Domain names are dynamic and gives us freedom in how we use them.

Right now we are living mostly outside the virtual world. As technology like Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence advance, we will be immersed more so into the Internet of social living. Your property there, like your address (domain name), will become even more necessary and important.

I only pay $8 a year for the Daycare.com registration. Try paying that for your property taxes.