View Single Post
CityGarden 09:23 AM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by sammie:
So, all of the domain name "talk" lately has me thinking I want to change my website/domain name to something that will come up in searches better.

Here are they available names. What are your opinions? (aaaa is representing my city name)

aaaa-childcare.com
I would not do anything with a hyphen in it so aaaa-childcare.com is out in my opinion.

aaaadaycare.com
Since you do not like "daycare" as much as childcare I might let that one go or I would keep it and have it redirect to the domain name I actually go by. In example I am considering purchasing the domain citynamepreschool.com and citynamespreschool.org (just because they are available and not too expensive) then having both redirect to my actualy UniquePreschoolName.com site. The upside of this is anyone who searches aaaadaycare.com your site would likely be the top of the search page.

aaaahomechildcare.com
This one is the most to the point so I would lean to this one IF your name is not too long.

I prefer the term childcare over daycare. However, if I use childcare am I missing out on people who search for daycare or would they both show up?

Also, I have learned on here that it is better to buy your domain name. Does that mean paying the yearly fee through someone like Go Daddy or does it mean something different. Sorry, all of this is so new for me.

Yes it means you pay a site like Godaddy annually so it is really like renting it vs. buying it.
Do you specialize in a certain age? A certain approach?

You could do something like

aaaainfantcare.com
aaaaholisticchildcare.com