View Single Post
Blackcat31 04:09 PM 07-01-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
My dcb is eating breakfast today and spills the beans about leaving my care! News to me, but evidently Grandma will be caring for him and sister when school starts. If this is true, which I would believe from him- I will be angry that they have not told me, upset because I love the kids, and my own child would be very upset- he says they are best friends. I'm not the confrontational type but guess I'm going to have to ask her about it asap Totally stinks, having taken care of them for the past 3 years.
Kids always talk! I would definitely ask the parents though what is going on.

If they are leaving, then oh, well. Families will always do what is best (and usually cheapest) for them. You can't fault them for that.

I know it sucks but it is just all part of this job. I have had kids leave my care for all sorts of reasons. Some I completely understood and others I scratched my head for week but either way, you do what you need to do and they will always do what they need to do.

I recently had a parent leave my care because the road construction was making her late for work. Nevermind that I have been watching her child since birth and the new daycare is 6 blocks (seriously) closer to her work.

So what ever. I guess mom has a different set of values than I do, but it is what it is and I can't change it so I move on and fill the space and wish her the best.

In your case, just ask. If they are leaving, start advertising and if they are staying, then you will know.

But you won't be able to do anything until you ask.