View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by MaritimeMummy:
But then if I mention that he had no place to call me, he acts right offended and says, "well sorry for caring about whether you look like a fool in front of the parents or not". Like, he has a way of making you feel like crap no matter what. I know he has our best interests at heart but he really is overstepping his boundaries. Am I really crazy for being this upset about it?
I agree that he was definitley over stepping his boundaries and he is doing so in a way so that if you complain it is YOU who looks like the bad guy. I would probably say something to him and if he says he didn't want you to look like a fool in front of the parents, I would simply say that if I do then I
have no one to blame but myself.

I would tell him I appreciate his concern but you would feel better if he just let you handle your business and leave it at that.

He probably has nothing better to do and I am sure it is his way of shoing concern and care but he still needs to back off. Maybe if you told him he makes you feel like a little kid who has to have their parents pick up the slack, he may see what you mean and stop interferring.

Originally Posted by MaritimeMummy:
And back to the original question, do you turn all the lights on in the house if a child comes and goes straight to sleep early in the morning?
I don't turn my lights on here either unless there is someone who is bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for the day. I would do things just like you do in the mornings.