View Single Post
CityGarden 03:46 PM 08-06-2018
I have a new client who plans to enroll and is asking to pay by credit card. I typically accept payments via Zelle (Bank Transfer) and sent her a payment request thru Zelle.

Her response today...

Hi Ms. Teacher!

My husband has been trying to make the payment thru Zelle but it seems like we don't have any of the listed bank accounts. Would there be a way we may pay by credit card?

I do want them to enroll but I am torn about the fee to accept credit cards (It would cost me $30-40 per family monthly). Three options I see:

1) Tell her we are only set up to accept bank transfer and checks and let her give me a check.
2) My website builder makes it very easy to accept payments online and is the same cost as Square Up the nice part is that would be built right into my site looking more professional
3) I could use SquareUp (which searching on here seems to be liked) or something similar that allows invoices/tracks payments, etc. I liked the idea of being able to easily show/see where my income comes from, etc.

Thoughts? WWYD? Any options I am missing? How would you respond? They are an international family who recently moved here so they very well may not have a US based bank....