View Single Post
Annalee 01:31 PM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I just found out so I figured there were other FCC in CA that hadn't heard.

The CA Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division has launched an on-line database search that is going through a "soft opening" phase. Parents can go online and search a facility file to look at visit and non-compliance information. They haven't announced it yet because they want input about it first.

I personally don't think it's a bad thing and do think that we are behind in the game on this part because there are many other states that do this already. I have been playing around with the site and looking up other providers (and let me tell you I have definitely seen some ) so test the functionality of it.

So far I have my opinions about certain things and how they work but I'll save that for later. I just wanted to Post the email I got and get other CA providers opinions and ideas for improvement on it. I'm planning on writing an email to the CA DSS about it but want to get different opinions before I do that. Thanks for looking.

Here is the email ...
We have always had the report card on the web but beginning July 1 this year, our compliance history will be available as well. It is unclear if after the violation is corrected, if this will be noted. I have been told that the licensing number will be placed by a violation in order for person to call for more info....which I think is a bad rap. If a provider corrects it, it should be noted, not left to a phone call. My licensor was unclear on a lot of things, but I think something of this magnitude should have state licensing on the same page....but like all the other issues going on now, the state changes hourly it seems like. Providers are left to "guess" too many times and hope it is the right thing. I think you are doing a good thing jumping in....and I wish you luck.....while it can be frustrating, I like to stay in the "know" even if I totally DO NOT AGREE wth the state.

We do have the addresses with maps as well on the web!