View Single Post
finsup 10:14 AM 04-02-2017
I only schedule interviews when my husband can take the kids. Trying to talk with parents when you've got a 5 and almost 3 asking them more questions then I do, and an 18m old who likes to bite, yeah, my focus becomes more on my kids then getting to know the potential family.
But if you have to interview with your child, I'd do something like play-doh, coloring etc. Something that's a sit down activity that keeps his interest. I'd just let him know that a family is coming over to talk with you, and during this time he needs to remain at the table. Do any outside part at the end, so he'll be able to run/play etc while you finish up. I would make it VERY clear what the consequence would be for acting out and follow through on it. I'd have zero problems putting a kiddo in time out during an interview if needed. I would want parents to know i wouldn't allow those behaviors from my kids, or there's. But yeah, I prefer to avoid all of this and just schedule interviews after 5 or on weekends. Stinks to have to work when your closed...But...For me, it's easier.