View Single Post
nanglgrl 11:22 AM 04-14-2020
I applied for everything available to me. I got approved for a sole-proprietor grant in Iowa that covers about 1.5 weeks of my normal gross profit, my unemployment claim was changed to eligible today, (I applied over 2 weeks ago, but I don’t know when I will get benefits or the amount) and my bank said my paycheck protection loan is being finalized and I will receive an email with the final loan amount and terms in a few minutes (it’s been more than a few minutes so I’m sure it will take a while if it doesn’t fall through). My hope is that I can get unemployment until the paycheck protection goes through and use the grant to cover some of my losses from before the grant/PPL. I applied for the EIDL as well, before they developed the quick online form, but haven’t heard back on it. However they have checked my credit twice and my score dropped 11 points. I got a little head start in my area because I had to close for 2 weeks per doctors orders due to symptoms. Since my son lives in LA and best friend lives in NY I had a good idea of what was going to happen to my business in the coming weeks especially since everyone was just going about business as normal here (and many still are). I lost 3 clients permanently early on, have 3 more staying home and not paying, have two who will likely lose their jobs and have one essential worker still needing services.