View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:08 AM 03-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Last sunday my daycare provider asked if my kids would be coming for spring break in 1 week. I said that my 4 year old daughter for sure would be there but that I wasn't positive about my other 2 (school age). She said she was fine with that. Today I text her to confirm that for next week and she didn't text me back for over an hour and finally responded saying that she didn't get confirmation that my daughter would be coming and since the boys weren't coming she assumed my daughter wasn't either and so she made other plans and appts for that week. I sent her a screenshot of our conversation that prior sunday stating that my daughter would indeed be there. She never responded back and its been 2 hours. I am so fed up with her unreliability. THe previous week she had to take 3 days off to take care of something. I said ok. my husband and I made arrangements for the kiddos. the days were Tues-Thurs. Then Thurs afternoon I get a text from her saying she wouldn't be able to make it back in time Friday to watch the kids. so we had to make last minute arrangements for that as well.
She has taken off for a death in the family (which is fine I wasn't mad at all, except for the fact that I had only been at my new job for 3 days. ) and then she had to take off for the 3 days to leave town to take care of stuff and then another time she could only watch my kids 1/2 of a Friday and 1/2 of a Monday because she had to take/ pick up her child at airport. This is all happening within barely 2 months. my work thank god is being very flexible but im not sure how much more they are taking.
So back to spring break. now my husband and I are having to figure something out for spring break and its the Friday before....
Not to mention my boys have told me that they don't ever get to play outside or anything. they are always confined to inside. they are growing kids and need to play. especially when its beautiful 75 and 80 degree weather outside.
with everything that has happened already we have decided we just don't want to take the kids back ever. I cant keep guessing and hoping that she will be able to watch them a full week or change her schedule etc.
Her contract says a 2 wk notice is to be provided if leaving. but im wondering that considering the circumstances and basically not given a notice for spring break. if there is cause for me to pull them out right away without a notice.
Its way to stressful to keep dealing with it. and lately I have noticed that my kids cry everytime they have to go to daycare.
PS. she is in home daycare and unlicensed and watches no other kids but mine.
I am sorry your provider has not been reliable. Thats a tough one to excuse.

However, if I were you I would just pay for the final two weeks and make other care arrangements. I wouldnt bring your kids back though.

The unreliability might be the straw that broke the camels back but it was put up with until this point and in my personal opinion not reason enough to excuse you from any obligation in withdrawing according to contract.

I understand that financially it might be tough but it is what it is.

Unreliability is not grounds for immediate termination with out financial obligation and finding reasons that you dont really like the services you were getting AFTER this happens will only make you look bad.

Parents have a tendancy to add to their list of grievances after they feel they are wronged but rarely speak up before conflict becomes part of tne equation.

Im not saying you are making anything up I am just saying you kind of have a weak case/argument.

Pay the two week notice, find new care and chalk it all up to a learning experience.

Good luck! I hope you find care that better suits your needs.