View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I used to have parents fill out an application before a walkthrough. It gave me an idea of the schedule they were needing as well as some other information about the family. I only once had someone act weird about applying for something before coming...

But I will be going to infants this year, instead of preschoolers, so I changed it... Now I do a questionnaire. This has some of the same information (schedule, names, ages, etc) but also asks some developmental stuff so I can get an idea of where the little one is at.

I have had a lot more push back since switching to the questionnaire. People are not wanting to give me this information until they meet with me.
On the applicaiton I asked for things such as their addresses, phone numbers, even where they work (I think?) and nobody really cared... but now they are not wanting to tell me if their kid can sit up on their own?

Do you do an application? Questionnaire? Nothing? Something else?
Okay re-reading your original post...what do you mean by push back? Are they (prospective parents) specifically saying negative things about being asked these questions? Or just not replying at all?

Also when you say parents aren't wanting to tell you if their kid can sit up do you mean they are just leaving the question blank or are they telling you they don't want to answer these questions?

Personally, if this is info you require PRIOR to an interview/tour I would let parents know you won't schedule a tour until you have a completed form returned. If they return it with unanswered questions, I would send it back to them and say "It looks like you missed a few questions. Please complete the questions thoroughly and return. This information is vital in making sure that our program is the right fit for your child. If you any questions regarding this information, please let me know. Thank you!"

If they can't answer a few questions prior to an interview, imagine how difficult they might be as clients.