View Single Post
permanentvacation 06:01 AM 06-04-2012
I do not encourage my children to attend the so-called preschools in my area at all! I have worked at 3 of them and they are a joke! They do a 20 minute circle time and then the children simply play all day. The teachers NEVER sit and play or interact with the children other then to fuss with them, tell them to sit in time out, or send them to the office. Typically the teachers are chatting with each other about their personal lives or texting on their phones. The kids are running around, hitting each other, taking toys from each other, fighting, yeah, they do have lots of good, well behaved fun, but there's always at least one child harrassing someone. There are ALOT of disruptive children in preschools. I teach my children 1000 times more here in my home daycare then any of those preschools do! I actually got in major trouble for having the 4 year olds learn to write their letters on the chalkboard!

If you are encouraging children to go to preschools, I hope you have researched the preschools in your area and honestly beleive their programs are a good fit for the children you are suggesting them to.