View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:26 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Justjoy:
Thanks Black Cat!
The parent's are aware as this has been an ongoing thing, and they have been told of her behavior almost daily. Last Friday was my breaking point. I told her it was time for nap ( as at the age of almost 5 she still takes one and dad insists). She proceeded to throw herself on the floor, screaming..."you hurt me, you hurt me!" I was on the phone with her dad within minutes and told him what occurred and that I will not be able to continue care for her unless her behavior changes drastically. Which we know it will not. I also told him I cannot risk the other children in my care to witness these scenes.
From what I have heard, she has been terminated from daycare before...
I despise when kids do that. It creates an environment that is never healthy. Child learns those types of statements get a reaction.....providers learn to bail immediately whenever that happens.

No one has the time or money to discredit that type of thing so providers just learn that phrase is code for "term".

Sad, I know but there is too much at stake (for you) to have to put up with it. 9 out 10 times the behavior of the child is rooted in parenting style. Parent's can deal with the fall out of their actions (or lack of actions) and leave the provider out of it.

I'm sorry it's come to this for you and this family but good for you for being concerned and one step ahead!