Thread: Holding a Spot
View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by BBurris1:
I have interest from a parent to place their infant with me in March. I haven't had to hold a spot yet, as I'm a new provider. I don't have any deposit in place either. I plan to add a 2 week deposit to my contract that will apply to the last 2 weeks of care.
I really need to fill spots, so my husband is telling me I should only take the deposit of $340, but the infant wouldn't start until sometime in March. I feel that's a long time to hold a spot with only the deposit.
I'd considered writing a contract to hold spots that would be free for 2 weeks from the interview (make a decision, turn in paperwork, etc.), half price for 4 weeks, then full tuition. I have no idea what the average is in my area and don't know who to contact to find out.
I don't want to scare this family away since I need them more than they probably need me at the moment, but I also need to protect my family and business from losses by holding spots for free. What is your recommendation? Should I just take the deposit this time and work on a contract for holding spots for next time? Or should I rush to complete it before my interview with this family?
Thanks for the help and advice!
I am also in MN. What county/area are you in?
You are welcome to private message me if you don't want to post openly.

From my understanding, infant care is SUPER hard to find.

I do NOT hold spaces. I require payment in full as soon as the space is open and available. My rates are based on enrollment NOT on attendance or time used.