View Single Post
Rockgirl 10:56 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by CynthiaJesus:
Hey, mickey2, I have read your post and first i want you to know that What is Bronchitis? Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from your lungs. People who have bronchitis often cough up thickened mucus, which can be discolored, white, yellow-grey or green. There are two types of bronchitis. Chronic Bronchitis means your airways are irritated over and over. This type lasts for a few months or longer, and usually comes back year after year. Things that irritate your lungs, like dust, chemicals, or smoke from a fire or cigarettes, usually cause it. Chronic bronchitis isn’t contagious, but it’s a serious health problem that requires a doctor’s care. Acute Bronchitis can last for 1 to 3 weeks. It’s usually caused by cold or flu viruses. Since these viruses are contagious, acute bronchitis usually is, too. Often developing from a cold or other respiratory infection, acute bronchitis is very common. Chronic bronchitis, a more serious condition, is a constant irritation or inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, often the smoker’s cough. Acute bronchitis usually is self-correcting condition which improves within a few days without lasting effects, although you may continue to cough for weeks. However, if you have repeated episodes of bronchitis for most of the days in three months per year: you may have chronic bronchitis, which requires medical attention. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions included in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Now as your concern <a href="https://www.healthunits.com/bronchitis/is-bronchitis-contagious-2/"> Is Bronchitis Contagious? </a> Acute Bronchitis is Contagious and Chronic Bronchitis is not Contagious.
The original post, the one you are addressing, was posted almost 6 years ago. I don't think mickey will see this. And I'm betting that runny nose cleared up awhile back.