View Single Post
Christian Mother 05:29 PM 10-03-2011
I think we've all had "That" family in daycare or one very similar. I had one for a yr that I termed almost to the very date of when they started. I tried all the things that where mentioned and although things got better it would only change for a couple weeks before something else would occur. I think what totally got me is the lack of respect and the way that parent talk to me. Nothing is worth that kind of money to be disrespected. I firmly believe God is watching out for each and everyone of us. Yes, with the money I lost we had to scrounge back some and not do things we would of normally done with the money but I wasn't willing to have allow anyone to treat me that way specially when I don't ask for much. I don't get paid enough to have someone treat me like that. It is extremely hurtful to have someone continue to question, condescend and put you down. I knew that by letting this family go I'd be losing about $500-700 a month. But I had faith that I'd find a better family for my daycare and I did. It took me 4 months to find a new child but it wasn't just a life saver for me but for her as well. She had just had a awful experience at a previous daycare and I had watched her daughter for a wk as just a way to help out and a couple weeks later was asked if I'd be willing to take her on full time. This will happen to you too. Start putting adds up, at the library, grocery stores, coffee shops, CL, Care.com you name it. Vanessa had a lot of good suggestions on how to approach her with her behavior....it is exactly what I did with my old family and it only changed their behavior for a couple wks before new situations occurred but I'll tell you I kept growing my back bone and eventually I termed bc there is only so much you can say and do to make a family happy and even then it's really never enough.