View Single Post
Abigail 10:34 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
I have wood floors & I do not like the kids to have shoes or bare feet in my house. When I 1st opened I did not have a socks or slippers rule in effect & had sisters come in ALL the time with black dirty feet. Then they would try to crawl all over my furniture with those grubby feet.
YUCK, I never realized that they could actually have dirty feet in the morning?! Do you have a policy about arriving clean in general? I'm going to have that in my policy because it's something common sense, but if we must get down to the nitty-gritty it may as well be a policy, LOL!

Originally Posted by grandmom:
Parents and children remove shoes once they pass the area with cubbies. Never been a problem. Lost socks....that's a problem. I have 20 pair no one claims.
Sounds like you should try what Heather B said about immediately putting socks into shoes once removed so you don't have to hunt and have extra pairs. We have the same issue at the daycare, but most parents don't remember what their child was even wearing when they dropped them off!