View Single Post
Unregistered 07:15 PM 10-07-2020
You absolutely have the right to not respond during vacations.
But, it may not be malice or greed causing them to disturb you.
Many daycare parents (myself included) may work in business/tech/other fields where there is no real concept of "off" time as pertains to email and text. I get emails at midnight, on the weekends, on holidays.. I write them at 3 am after I've been wakened by the baby.. when I go on vacation, I do not go physically into the office, but I still get emails. For these busy and stressed parents, it truly, honestly, might not have even occurred to them that they are invading your off time. They are so used to just sending work related emails at any time, on holidays, evenings, weekends, they don't remember that for "normal people" these times are off limits. I myself apparently pissed of a daycare admissions officer by texting her on labor day, asking to schedule a call. I didn't expect her to write back on the holiday, I was just writing them because I had a minute to do so, and those minutes are few and far between. But it angered her enough I can't get an interview now.
Honestly, these parents may mean no harm and may simply need a reminder that off time is truly off. That may not be the case in their work worlds.