Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:
Legally, I'm not allowed to be alone with the children until I am fingerprinted. Despite that, I was sent outside alone yesterday.

When am I going to be fingerprinted? I have NO idea. I have been employed there full-time since Halloween and part-time starting in September. I have asked for my fingerprinting form so I can make an appointment, but my boss will NOT give me one.
I'd quit this job.

ALL of this sounds very fishy and underhanded.
I'd report this center ASAP.
Its one thing to continue asking and not being told the right rules/regs and laws but after a certain amount of time this becomes partly YOUR responsibility too.

If you know things are not legal, don't continue on....report them. Not knowing is not an excuse. Being brushed off or ignored by those in charge is sad but again at some point becomes your responsibility to address.

No water or soap in classrooms, recycled/reused cleaning bottles, staff that are NOT legally allowed to be left alone with kids, etc, etc... This center sounds like a disaster and not a place I'd ever send my child or want to work at. My advice, stop venting and complaining about the poor work conditions and get out now while you can. Report the center and directors and don't look back.

Acceptance of those things you know to not be legal or allowed is just as bad as those that are telling you to do the wrong thing.