View Single Post
CityGarden 10:09 PM 12-30-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
After being home during holiday for the past week my daughter is finally sleeping through the night. She takes a 30-60 minute nap during the day, usually in the car while running errands. Napping at home is impossible but she needs at least 30 minutes. At school, also kindercare she is sleeping for two hours and then up every night at 2:30. The teachers will have the other kids wake up a student still sleeping past nap time, their way around the not being allowed to wake up the children so that's good. Now, I'm wondering if they can keep a child awake for the first hour with quiet activity then let them sleep for the last hour. They would still be providing quiet time and I would still get to sleep through the night. As for home routine, dinner is between 5:30-6, bath routine starts at 7 then quiet play time or snuggles. Bed at 9.
I think it is great your child is thriving with you at home. I am a HUGE sleep advocate and if your child is thriving with you being present maybe the challenge is not the nap time at daycare but the lack of quality time bonding with the parent.... When the child is in daycare/kindercare they are not seeing you or connecting with you for 8+ hours a day, they are seeing and connecting with you at best for a couple hours per day before bed. Connection plays a HUGE role for all parents, it is possible but you have to work at it, especially working parents . Often children stay up later or gets up early to "connect" with parents, etc. but they do not know how to express it.

I do not suggest group care to all families and personally my own daughter & I would have not been a good family for group care. If you find yourself wanting a custom schedule and individualized care I highly suggest you seek out the individual care a nanny provides. Group care really needs to cater to the best needs of the group overall....