Thread: Daycare Crafts
View Single Post
MsLaura529 07:35 AM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
It gives them something to talk about with their children. I think this is a big one. They can connect with their little ones with an instant topic.
www.facebook.com/MrsSteinelsHouse
Agreed. It gives the parents a connection to the child's day ...something they can easily say, "Hey, did you make this today? Can you tell me about it?" One of my DCM's works in speech/language at hospital, and she tells me every time the kids bring home a project (whether it was an actual "craft" we put together or just a painting that was done... they bring something home about 3 days a week), how much she appreciates it, and how great it is for helping with language development.

My projects are related to whatever book or theme we are reading/talking about. So most of the time a conversation about the project leads into more talking about the theme, or what book we read, or what song we sang, or what game we played.

I loved when my daughter would bring home projects from daycare when she went ... it added such fun, free, and colorful decorations to the kitchen