View Single Post
emosks 11:07 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
Funny, how if someone doesn’t agree with YOU or those with your opinion, then she is (or I am) told to “find a new profession” and told that we are judgmental or stupid. You have every right in the world to have your opinion and I do not fault you for it. But I do have a right to my opinion as well – respect THAT. I never said that I’m a better mom because I do this or that. I simply stated that I am proud that I have been with my child for most of her life and she is never in the care of non-relatives. Instead of “good for you” or “I wish I could do that”, some people got defensive. Heaven help me if I mention I have a college degree. They might think I’m arrogant and shouldn’t BRAG or be proud of the hard work and dedication I put into things. Sorry for having a moment of pride.
I don't think it's that we don't respect your opinions...but I personally felt like she was telling me that my families are liars when she has no clue who they are!

My comment about finding a new profession wasn't because I don't like your opinion. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. There is just a lot of parent bashing that happens here so it makes me wonder if you (meaning the person complaining/hating/etc on parents) is truly happy doing daycare. And FWIW...there are 3 Bachelor's and 2 Master's degrees behind this user name.

Bottom line is this. If there weren't parents "dumping" their kids at daycare...we'd all be out of a job.

I happen to L-O-V-E my job, my DCK, my DC families. Love it. I look forward to each and every day with them. You won't find me on here complaining about them on an open forum especially where they can come read it themselves!!