View Single Post
sharlan 08:26 AM 08-23-2011
I think it all depends on the family and their comfort level. What is right for you is not right for anyone else.

I take showers with all of my grandkids (15 yo girl, 5 yo girl, 4 yo boy, and 3 yo boy). I should rephrase that, they all take showers with me. I can be in the shower alone and end up with 2 or 3 kids before I'm done. I showered with the eldest when we went camping a few weeks ago as only one shower was working. It will stop when they become uncomfortable with it.

4 yo showers with his dad every night. Sometimes on the weekend he'll shower with his big sissy. Once she becomes uncomfortable with it, he'll stop. 15 yo showers with her mom on the weekends when they're in a hurry.

3 and 5 yo still shower with their dad several times a week. On the weekends, all 4 will shower together if they're in a hurry.

I had a gf that was so self conscious that she showered and only changed clothes in a locked bathroom. Her dh of 6 yrs had never seen her totally naked. He had never seen her change her clothes.