View Single Post
Unregistered 03:14 PM 05-11-2015
My son recently learned that his 8-year-old son has started bathing with his mother. They live in different states and are preparing for a custody battle. She has an admitted history of incest with an adult nephew. She had been molested by. an older half brother when she was a teenager. This recent change in her behavior with my grandson has alarmed me, as well as my son. She has also begun taking the boy to a therapist for "defiant" behavior, even though my son has always known him as a very cooperative child when he's with his dad. Another circumstance that has changed in the last year is that my son's ex cut off all connection with her own mother and everyone in her biological family, citing her bitterness that her mother did not protect her from the abuser when she was a teenager. So my grandson is now isolated from his maternal grandmother, who had spent a lot of time caring for him since he was a baby. He was also cut off from his cousins, aunts and uncles. Am I just overreacting to this recent changel?