View Single Post
Country Kids 10:23 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'm well aware of the topic or subject and my comments aren't directed at anyone in particular......although I knew the 'in my defense' posts would follow.

It's just a bit "funny" and somewhat hypocritical for child care providers to complain/vent about this.
Mostly because we do not know everyone's situation nor their journey's.

We "think" we do, but we really don't..... and as humans we apply our "rules" and our ideals to what we think is or isn't good parenting.

Statements such as "I see how it effects DCK" etc but again, we only know part of the story.

We know only what we see/hear and of course, assume.

I also "get" that sometimes providers are just venting.

Doesn't change the fact that I, personally feel providers are super judgmental about everything.

Clients use too much daycare....ie; bad parents, don't care about their kids, lazy etc...

Clients that don't want to pay full time or only use a partial week or want time off without being charged; don't understand how important consistency is, don't respect their provider or his/her attempt to operate a business....

It's a double edged sword and no matter how you look at it, parents just can't win. They're judged no matter what they do.

Take my opinion for what's it worth.....my opinion.
It is not just childcare providers-teachers can give you an earful also.

Parents that can never get there child to school on time

Parents that can't even get there children to school (big problem here)

Parents that don't ever contact the teacher, come to conferences, respond to letters, emails, etc. and they are the ones that need to.

The parents that usually inquire about their child, show up to conferences, try to find out if their child needs anything are the parents that really don't need to as there are no issues with their child.

And the list goes on and on and on

I'm sure pediatricians have earfuls also.

Any business will have some issues with their clients no matter what it is.

Wal-Mart has an entire FB page with stories on their customers.

If we had perfect parents there would be no reason for a forum I'm sure. Most of the post are questions, complaints or trying to figure something out. With state regulations coming down more on us, more QRIS regulations, and more and more and more, I can't imagine not having the forum. When we were just able to have our in home business with out so much extra worry, it was much easier to do.

So I guess we ask ourselves is there a need for the forum or should we just post positive stories with no questions, complaints, etc. If you look the venting sections have PAGES of vents so that should tell you we are needing a place to go.