View Single Post
Becky 12:38 PM 05-17-2009
First, claps all around to the mom taking her child elsewhere!!!!! Red flags are a wonderful instinct. We should all use them. The flag was when the provider first said no. I wouldn't have tried to work anything out with her. I would have grabbed the kids and ran. What is she hiding that she is not ok with this process? I would love for moms to breastfeed my kids in my daycare. Children need that bonding time with their mother any way they can get it!!! Yea that mom has the ability to get off work and come spend time with her child! GO MOMMY! I would have been very alarmed if someone told me I can't come hang out at daycare with my child if I wanted to no matter the reason.

Second, on the refund...it will depend on the contract. If the contract talks about no refunds if you change your mind or you must pay the remainder of the month if you choose to leave, then there is nothing you can do. HOWEVER, the mom tried to work a compromise with the provider and the provider said GO! so I think you have a strong chance of getting the money back but instead of fighting with the lady, just go to claims court and let the judge decide. Write three letters asking for the money and why you think you should get it back. Quote the contract if needed. Then after the third time, file the claim and take all your letters to court and any other evidence. Do not call the lady!!! If you don't believe in suing, then let it go and move on. You can use the media instead of suing as well. We have Aiken's Army at a local station in Houston that helps people with problems. THey would love to help with something like this. Just some ideas.