View Single Post
Unregistered 05:02 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
exactly, the baby's schedule may change everyday. So does that mean the provider has to hold off the baby's feeding until mom gets there? I'm sorry, but when babys are hungry, they want it NOW. I agree that it would be extremely disruptive to the providers schedule. And I also agree, that I would not want a parent coming into my house every afternoon. When I get my kids down for nap...I fold laundry, I clean the house, I get dinner started, etc. and I wouldn't want someone there while I am trying to do these things. Also, the provider would have to be standing there at the ready for when the mom finishes, instead of going about their normal routine to keep the household and the business in order. At home providers are also moms too, and they need to get their things done too and most days, during naptime is the only time we have. I also don't like anyone interrupting my kids naptime....it is the only break I get in a twelve hour day.
Wow...I wish my employer paid me to clean my house, cook my dinner, and fold my laundry while I was on his dime.

News flash, you're an in house daycare provider that chooses to do everything yourself to maximize profits. You do not get your two 15 minute breaks if the needs of the children do not allow it. The mother thinks its best for the baby to come in and feed at noon and offers to do it OUTSIDE of the house? She's paying you to care for the child when she is unavailable. Who are you to say what a mother can and can't do with her own child....especially when she's paying you.