View Single Post
Unregistered 10:07 AM 06-14-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
For what it is worth, I would certainly "allow" a mother to breast feed in my home as long as it didn't disrupt the daily routine I have with the children. I have a schedule and routine in place so things run smoothly and so the children in my care know what will be happening next, they know what to expect and what is expected of them. If there was a mother who breast fed, she would be part of the routine. Baby X's mommy comes in and takes him to the other room at whatever time, and that's just what happens everyday. If it started to be disruptive then changes would have to be made. I have yet to do infant care so this is all hypothetical and quite honestly I don't know how it would actually work out (I breast fed my daughter for 14 months and the only person she ever took a bottle from was me, and that was once, so completely useless and we just didn't spend too much time apart, I was lucky that way)

News flash lady. If any of my parents had the same attitude that you do and felt the need to tell me about it, I would tell them to take their $2.50 an hour (not including after hour and weekend duties that must be attended to) and go find some other sucker to take care of their kid. It actually makes me a little sick to my stomach to know that there are people out there that feel that way. Go see what you can get someone off the street to do for you for that much money an hour. We choose to do this job, but we are not indentured servants that need to bow down to the sanctimonious attitudes of parents like newsflash.

Okay, I feel better now.
If I was paying $2.50 an hour I wouldn't have any attitude. We are paying $7.50 an hour, as thats the going rate for a center in our area (in home starts at $10/hr). We registered for the waiting list at this center a month before we even got pregnant, and the spot didn't open until my baby was seven months old. I am in a very different environment than most of you in regards to daycare services. The current wait list at our daycare has 10+ kids on it all the time, and as a result, the employees do not care about me or my child anymore than they have to by law. I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous comment. I admit to being heated over reading some of the responses from providers about this topic. My point was only that, when a family pays $1500/mo for daycare for a single child, I do not feel that its too much to ask for my own child to be breastfed on the patio everyday at a time thats convenient for me.