View Single Post
Unregistered 04:48 PM 07-28-2011
I have been taking my 19-month-old son to a babysitter for 3 months now. I pay a weekly rate of $150 for a full time space which I really think should be cheaper seen as she is open from 6am – 6pm and will only allow for my son to be there from 7:30am – 4:30pm. There are several other kids still there when I pick my son up at 4:30pm, but apparently I’m only allowed to use 9 hours in one day. I have let this slide, I will say, with little complaint on my part but I have gotten to the point where I’m right pissed with the fact that she is using my hard earned money to get herself dolled up every Friday night. When I show up Friday morning she has her hair straighten and a light amount of make-up on, which I am glad she is professional enough to at least answer the door ready for the day. However, every Friday when I come to pick up my son she has her hair curled all up and complete make-up. Today she even had fake eyelashes on and re-painted her toenails. I just could not handle it anymore so I confronted her about it. I asked her when she has the time in her day to make herself look so good while she is watching my son and other kids, her response was during nap time. How is she able to properly supervise my child if she is off in the bathroom curling up her hair and gluing on fake lashes? What if my son was crying while she had wet paint on her toenails? I asked her all this, and she responded with if she needs to run she just runs, if anything gets ruined in the process she will start over. Ok? So how long exactly does this process take I ask. She responds with it depends on the day and what I feel like doing to pretty myself up. At which point I told her I no longer wanted her doing this while my son was in her care. She handed me my son and told me that she was giving me my two weeks notice and will have a letter for me tomorrow morning. When I protested she tried to shut the door on my face and my foot ended up getting smashed, which I had put on the landing because I was not done discussing things with her. I said a few things I should not of at that point due to the pain she had caused to my foot and her husband came out scolded me and told me to leave, which I did. I get home today and find an email from her saying that she could no longer accept my child into her care and is terming me because of harassment. She has a harassment equals no refund in her handbook, but I really do not think that I harassed her. So now my babysitter gets to keep two weeks of pay, I’m out a sitter and she is going to continue painting herself up every Friday! What can I do to get my money back?