View Single Post
kimsdaycare 08:16 AM 07-29-2011
Wasn't gonna touch this. Can't help myself.

1) You dislike the 9 hour rule. OK, so you need longer hours. A center will and can accomodate this - for a higher tuition cost. This provider bases rates on the theory that parents are using just 9 hours. She is going out of her way and actually working more than twelve as a courtesy to those that don't need the same exact 9 hours. Quite nice of her to burn herself out for your convenience isn't it though? Hardly selfish, unfair or greedy in any way. Centers have a higher fee and additional staff so that this burden doesnt fall on any one person entirely. Breaks are taken at determined intervals based on workers laws and employees are scheduled a standard work week of hours. All of this additional staffing comes at a cost though, which is passed along in the rates they charge. You aren't getting all that flexibility in a home daycare, but you aren't getting staff turnover either. Your provider is the one you know and trust for the entire relationship. I'm not anti-center, it's just something to consider in your choice of care. You can't have both in most situations.

2) You dislike her primping during naptime. OK, so she spends her break dolling herself up. Yes. Naptime IS her breaktime. In a center they may have people sitting in the room staring at sleeping babies. But somehow I dont get the feeling that you would be any happier is she applied her false eyelashes and curled her hair in the same room they sleep in. You dislike that she even had an opportunity to do so on "your" dime. Each employee in a center or other outside of the home work environment has the opportunity to take their breaks however they wish and have a shorter day to boot. We are lucky to get ONE break in the hours we make ourselves available to families. ONE. If. we. are. lucky. I applaud her for taking this time for her, so many of us spend the entire time on daycare stuff that we never refresh for the next round. Most employees do personal things on break, I'm sure you do! When my children were in daycare I could care less what my provider did while they slept, so long as she was available to them in the same way a parent is at home and not outside mowing the lawn or taking a shower. But in the bathroom freshening up? Non issue for me. I wasn't paying center fees and she wasn't my nanny, her happiness and sanity went further in the wonderful care she provided my kids than me micromanaging her every minute because I felt like it was my right. I would have never even considered treating her that way. I'm sure she would have shown me the door if I did.

3) Never put your foot in the door of someone trying to get you to leave their home. What were you thinking? Oh thats right, you weren't. You were too busy telling her how it is and showing her whos boss. Newsflash, That is forceful entry and would have been resulted in a call to 9-1-1 had it happened here. Seriously, no business establishment would tolerate that from a client. How would you react if someone did that to you in your home? It's a physical threat and not to be taken lightly, especially in an environment where small children are present. Shame on you.