View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:51 AM 07-06-2012
Originally Posted by Texasjeepgirl:
ditto...
I am now struggling with what I will do this Christmas...
My PARENT HANDBOOK states that my daycare will be closed December 24,25 and 26....well..that is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this year...
do I open daycare Thursday and Friday????
My handbook states that daycare is closed New Year's Eve...and New Years Day...
That is Monday and Tuesday of the following week..
Do I close the daycare the entire week plus Monday and Tuesday of the next week?
Or... do I open Thursday and Friday..
OR... do I give them back the 26th and be open Wed, Thurs and Fri... with two 4 day weekends?
I haven't decided yet...

On the one hand... I hate to inconvenience my clients... I know they depend on me for child care...and I take that very seriously....
Also...I don't like 'stay cations'....
BUT..on the other hand...
How often does the calendar fall like this?
I will actually only be using 2 vacation days..if I just close down the entire week between Christmas and New Year... so.. I will probably just take it...and... enjoy..
LOL!! You are having the same conversation I have in my head too! I am slated to take Dec. 24, 25 and 26 and then New Years Day off too so it does seem a but weird to be open only on Thursday and Friday (only difference is I am not slated to take New Years Eve off).

I too pride myself on being consistently available on regular daycare days and RARELY take personal days (unless 100% unavoidable) except scheduled days off which are 99% holiday days so I always him and haw about my vacation for Christmas week when it falls kind of funky on the calendar.

I think I decided to take the full week off (24th-28th) and then just close on Tuesday (New Years Day) of the following week and leave it at that.

That is what I put on the yearly calendar I handed out. Although I have changed it up when I have a bunch of parents needing different days and if it makes no difference to me, then I have no issues rearranging the days off to meet the needs of the majority.