View Single Post
youretooloud 08:06 AM 07-29-2011
I agree that the school shouldn't suddenly change their policy and they should give warning first... then enforce it after a warning. (maybe they do a newsletter?) They could post the new policy on the door for the week before enforcing it.

But, if he's not even getting to school until after 9:00, he's had plenty of time to eat at home. A busy mom might not have time to sit with him, but you can put breakfast on the table, or the coffee table and let him veg in front of the tv while you get ready.

Also, a granola bar isn't really breakfast. It's not even very filling. So, if you really don't want to make a breakfast, you might be just as well off letting him wait until snack time at school. Most schools serve snack around 9:30 or 10:00. So, he would be eating shortly after drop-off anyway. I have a few kids that don't get a breakfast at home, so at snack time, I serve them a little more snack. The parents don't announce it every morning, but they've let me know at one time that the child is probably always going to be hungry early.