View Single Post
emosks 01:53 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
I read somthing about how they have to go through the whole house so I did know that. That reminds me to work on my storage room.

What is this about having items near the furance and water heater? Are we talking storage items, or walls? Directly behind each we have a load bearing wall for the basement. Not much I can do about that. I do have filing cabnet I guess I can move thats directly accross from the water heater. Its empty and we just never got rid of it, as the previous owners of our home left it and I use it to pile folded laundry on when i take things out of the dryer as I sort it.
Somewhere in the rules it talks about not having anything combustible within 4 ft. of the furnace. My consultant however said it would be "wise of me" to move anything (storage boxes, dresser, gun safe, etc) that is within 4 ft. of furnace and water heater. We were remodeling our downstairs bathroom at the time which is why there was so much stuff in the storage room moved around so she didn't say anything else about it.

They also look through all of your drawers/cabinets that are waist down.